Monday, March 29, 2010

Mystery Dip

Lately I've been trying to clear out stuff that's been in my cupboards for too long. When my girlfriend showed up with her baby yesterday, we debated going out for lunch. We nixed that in favour of staying in and saving a few bucks, but we still needed yummy food. I took a quick look around: falafel mix (YES!), veggies....hmmm. In the end we had falafels, veggie sticks, warm naan bread, and "Mystery Dip" cobbled together from odds and ends in the kitchen:

1 can(540 ml) cooked lentils, liquid drained off
1 container cream cheese
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp chili powder
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp lime juice

I threw all the ingredients in the food processor and whirled it together for a few minutes. This made 3 bowls of dip. We had one for lunch, but it was even better last night after it had been in the fridge for several hours. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment