Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The $100 room makeover

Last night I ate good food, drank good wine and too much coffee. The coffee had me staring at the ceiling coming up with all kinds of decorating ideas for my kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, and so on. I'm twitching to paint my kitchen. Clean new white on the cupboards, maybe some kind of wall paper above the wainscoting, new curtains.

I've decided that I want to stay in my rental place as long as possible: the rent is super cheap and it's got loads of character. The only downside is the lack of space and my clutter problem. To be fair, even with a perfect decluttering job, we are a family of five people and two cats, living in less than 900 square feet. I found an interesting discussion on space needs here: 100K House, a blog I think I'll follow.

So back to decorating. I don't think I've ever taken a space that I live in and made it mine. So I'd like to take the time to really make spaces that are bright and happy. I've got a small, small budget to work with so I'll be thrift shopping and using all my creative energy to make space I love. I'm wondering if I can do each room for $100?

While snooping around some frugal blogs I adore, I came across Small = Happy, .Delight's photostream on Flikr. Lots of great ideas there! I am absolutely loving what she's done with less than 400 square feet- genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment